Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Spring forward into fitness

Anyone else suffering from losing an hour this weekend?? My family are all a little sleepy this week! It does mean we are now 6 hours behind the UK instead of 7 hours as they don't 'spring forward' until another few weeks. This does make phoning home a little easier than usual!

Wednesday is gym day, perhaps that will wake me up. The girls go to the babysitting at the rec. center but they love to say they are 'going to work out'! I have to thank my girls actually for keeping me motivated to go every week. We all know how much they like to copy us and I hope if they see me being active then they will continue to be active throughout their life.

My husband bought a Wii and the girls are great at the bowling! We took them to a local bowling alley recently and they had a blast! Like a lot of people I don't like video games but Wii has introduced my very little children to sports they aren't quite ready to play in 'real life' and it gets us all playing together and having fun when it's too cold to play outside. It's also good at bringing all generations together - my neighbor said she was having a laugh watching her husband and his 87 year old Mom play Wii bowling!! It's fun for Moms and children of all ages!!

No comments:

Post a Comment