Tuesday, March 10, 2009

2am visit feels like a bad Country Song!

My youngest crawled into bed with us at 2am last night.... My girls often sleep through the night but when they do come through they do one of 2 things - either they crawl in so quietly that you get a fright when you see them in the morning and have no idea how long they've been there or they crawl in and proceed to toss and turn for ages!

Last night was the latter and made me think of a Country song where the singer has lost everything " I've lost my pillow, I've lost my sleep, I've lost my space in the bed and the blanket's in a heap!"

I had to wake myself fully, scoop her up and take her back to her own bed. Thankfully, my husband relented and bought them both full beds recently so I can actually lie with them (or fall asleep till morning!) in comfort. As previously I could only kneel on the floor and lay my head on the edge of the toddler bed - not conducive to sleep!

No comments:

Post a Comment