Tuesday, March 24, 2009

End of an era

I've held onto them just in case...... but the time has finally come to sell my baby items...

I can't bear to part with the beautiful bassinet they slept in as newborns so I'm definitely keeping that but it's time to sell the other big items. My husband wants to reclaim the garage from the variety of strollers, infant car seats etc.; the rocking horse and exersaucer have lots of play left in them but look sad in the corner of the playroom now the girls have moved onto 'big girl toys' and the high chair has long been replaced by booster seats.

It's not easy though.... these items hold so many memories:
  • the many hours my husband and I spent in Babies R Us trying to decide just what would be the right style, brand, color & features for each item
  • gazing at our baby sleeping peacefully in the lovely wooden crib when all too soon they outgrew the bassinet
  • their first spoonful of baby rice in the high chair
  • the excitement of buying a double stroller when we found out another little one was on the way!
Then there are a few items I insisted we needed according to the parenting magazines but could actually have lived very well without! The plastic indoor/outdoor play yard is a great example! I won't be sorry to see that go! ("Honestly darling the girls played in it lots!")

So I was pleased to hear from a lovely lady who is delighted to have just become a grandma. She is coming to look at what we have to sell and I hope the baby things we so lovingly bought will bring happiness to another family.


No comments:

Post a Comment