Wednesday, March 25, 2009

How can they be so naughty?

My children are gorgeous and adorable - so how could they be so naughty??

They've never done anything really naughty before but yesterday it started with my oldest girl cutting her hair with her play scissors. To be honest I've been waiting for that one - don't all kids have to do this?

But then while they were meant to be in their rooms for quiet time (sadly even my 2.5yr old doesn't want to nap anymore) I heard water running as if inside the walls of the house. I ran upstairs to find both girls pouring water down the floor vent for the heating and A/C.

Arghhhhh! There really was water running inside the walls of the house!!!

They went straight on a time out and I went straight on the phone to ask my husband what the consequences of this were. Was the water going to run into the furnace and blow it up? (ok a bit dramatic I can see now!)

The difficult thing was I couldn't get them to comprehend how naughty they had been. As I was shouting at them and asking had they ever seen me put anything down there their little eyes were actually shining with glee! They weren't being cheeky though ( I don't think they'd know how, bless them) but they just couldn't see what all the fuss was about!

No comments:

Post a Comment