Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Help! I'm not eating enough fruit!


I am a qualified dietitian and for years religiously ate my 5 portions of fruit and vegetables each day. Here in America they refer to 'eating a rainbow' which is a nice way to sell fruit and vegetables to children.
Talking of children, I make sure my girls have their fruit and vegetables each day (luckily they love fruit and like several vegetables!)

However, it occurred to me the other day that my intake has dropped. I always have vegetables with my meals but I'm not doing so well when it comes to fruit. For example, when I chop an apple for them I eat the little bit that's left round the core....except that's not a full portion!

So my goal for the day is to think about myself a little more and make sure I get my full quota. We Mommy's need to stay healthy for our children and show them a good example too - happy munching!

No comments:

Post a Comment