Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Watching the sun come up



I've never been a morning person. I would sleep late every chance I got and when I had to get up for school or work I was best left alone as talking was almost impossible and one word answers was all I could manage.

Then I had babies..... and had to became a morning person!

I was lucky though. My girls would wake in the night for a feed then go straight back to sleep - I never had to pace the floor for hours to get them back off to sleep in the night.
The killer was when they woke at 5am. I knew I wouldn't get back to sleep before my husband got up for work and I would often mutter "I'm not ready to start my day yet" while feeding my cuddly bundles.

But a plus to these early mornings was I got to see some amazing sunrises! They are pretty spectacular here in Colorado I must admit.
The sky is usually cloudless and I can see the pink and gold sunrise to the east. To the west are the Rocky mountains which glow pink (especially in the winter with the snow on them!) as the sunrise reflects on them. It's called alpine glow and it's absolutely beautiful. Amazingly every house we've had here provided an fabulous view of the Rockies.
I've learned to appreciate dawn and being awake to experience it helps make sure I don't miss a moment of the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment