Friday, April 3, 2009

Growing like weeds


My 'baby' is starting ballet in a few weeks.....how'd that happen?

Her older sister went to a little ballet camp last summer, to prepare her for preschool really as she'd never been away from me before.

I was very proud of how my little one handled it - she understood she was too young to go and never once made a fuss or showed any jealousy. She'd kiss her sister goodbye, we'd go off and have fun together then she'd wait patiently outside class for her sister to come out. I promised that if the class was on again this year that they could both go. So it's time to enroll.....and she's thrilled!!!

"I can go to ballet this year!" she tells anyone who will listen.

Then over breakfast this morning I said to my husband "so they're at ballet in June, in July we go back to the UK then in August they'll both go to preschool" Then it hit me - my little one will be starting preschool - in just a few months!

What did I feel? Panic! Where did my babies go? What will I do without them to talk to? Will they be ok?

They really are growing as fast as weeds (but a whole lot prettier if I say so myself!). I think I need to take a deep breath and vow to make every minute count between now and the first day of school. My oldest girl is doing just great at preschool and I'm sure my little one will too. Meantime, there's a whole lot of fun to be had....!

1 comment:

  1. Yes, they grow up tooo fast, My little girl was in ballet when she was 6 and now she is into drums at 13. Its a hugh different, I wanted a classical dancer and now I have a rocker. Tell me why you cannot choose for them!!!!

    ReplyDelete