Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Motherhood is blind

Never mind 'love is blind', for me 'motherhood is blind'!
My little one has a denim skirt that she loves. She's had it a while and this is what she wants to wear all the time.
I do envy my friends who have boys - they don't seem to care what they wear while I have to negotiate every morning with my girls who have very strong opinions about what they want to wear - then they change their outfit several times a day anyway!
She was complaining yesterday about having a sore tummy but insisted she didn't need to use the toilet. Then I noticed she was pulling at the waist band of her favorite denim skirt... a thought occurred to me....
I checked the label......
there it was.....
oh no!!! 9-12 months......
.....she's two and a half!!!!
I didn't realise she'd had it that long!! (I should add in my defense that it was a UK skirt and the sizes there are way more generous than US sizes - and it had an elasticated waist!)
I'm not alone. A friend recently told me about a battle she was having getting her son to put his shoes on. "But they're your favorites" she'd say. But he still resisted. After several days of battles she finally asked him why he didn't want to put his shoes on in the morning "because they hurt me now" was his reply! Uh-oh, one very guilty feeling Mommy and a trip to the shoe store!

No comments:

Post a Comment