Wednesday, April 29, 2009

And the winner is....


Yesterday my oldest daughter announced there was going to be a painting competition today. "Who will be the winner?" she asked. I started to panic - I couldn't possibly choose a winner between my 2 girls!

She kept going on about it and the first thing she said when she woke up was "today's the painting competition - there can only be one winner!"

I reeled off all the reasons there had to be 2 winners - "we'll have an under 3yr and over 3yr winner", "there will be a winner and a runner up" and so on. "No" she insisted "there can only be one winner".

I got them set up with their paints, painting shirts and they were doing a great job of keeping everything on the craft mat. They painted for ages, having lots of fun but I was still panicking wondering how I could award only one winner. Then, as they finished the last of their paper my oldest stood up and announced to her sister "it's you! You're the winner! You won the painting competition!"

Well, her face just lit up into a big smile as she realised she was the winner! I looked over at my oldest girl and she was just beaming at me "I told you there could only be one winner" she said.

I honestly couldn't believe it! I told her she was a winner too as did she see how happy she'd made her little sister? I asked her why she'd made her the winner and she said "my heart told me to" - where does she get this????

They truly are amazing. The little one 'won' a teddy bear and now they've both been rewarded with milkshakes and Nilla cookies and an episode of Dora.

Oh, the picture at the top shows why I have green footprints all over the floor despite them doing so well at keeping all their painting on the craft mat - the little one was kneeling on top of one of her (award winning!) pictures!!!

1 comment:

  1. YOu oldest girl is so thoughtful. I'd be so very proud of her.

    ReplyDelete