Tuesday, June 23, 2009

What will I do?

2 hours.
I have 2 hours to myself while the girls are at ballet. The night before, I plan what I'm going to do in that 2 hours. Then the morning comes and I realise we need a birthday gift or we're out of milk or something and I have to change my plans!
So today - instead of tidying the house for 2 hours as I planned ...- I went to Borders to get a book for a Birthday Party then of course I had to go into the shop next door and try on some clothes for our vacation as this is so difficult to do with little ones in tow!
Now I have 30 minutes left before I have to leave to collect them and I haven't done anything I planned!!
Another friend agreed with me about this recently. She said if she has any time to herself - even if it's just her husband is entertaining the children in the yard for a short while - she'll flutter about thinking "oh, what will I do? I could do this job or I could get that job done. Will I sit down and relax for a few minutes??" and by the time she's thought what to do with that precious time alone she'll hear "Mom!!" and the moment has past....

No comments:

Post a Comment