Friday, June 26, 2009

Friday - hooray!

Friday again - lollipop day!! My girls always know when it's Friday!
I'm currently doing housework and they are in the playroom but I keep getting interrupted by "Mommy, she took my toy!" or "I wanted to play with that!"
I told them to think about how they play when they have a friend over. Do they come running to me all the time. "No" they said "we play nicely"
Eureka!!!!!
"Then can you pretend that your sister is a friend over to play and play that way?" Well it's been at least half an hour and I haven't heard a cross word from them!
I want to say a word about 2 deaths that happened here in America yesterday. Farrah Fawcett, sadly, after a long battle with cancer and the sudden death of Michael Jackson.
Whatever you may think of him and his bizarre life - none of us know what he truly had to deal with in his life - you can't deny the huge impact he had on music.
I saw him live in Glasgow, Scotland in 1992 at an open air concert on his Dangerous Tour - he was amazing and any time I hear his songs I am taken back to that time in my life.
Most of all they were both parents and so my thoughts are with their children....
Go hug your family today....

2 comments:

  1. He was always protrayed as weird but I think he was just different. He was an icon and a legend. My favourite song is "Ben" when his voice was still crystal clear. He had a style no one else could follow, dance steps that were so fluid. I am glad I grew up with the generation that moon-walked with Michael Jackson.

    ReplyDelete