Monday, June 8, 2009

Busy, busy


Aren't summer vacations meant to be relaxing?? This one is becoming a roller coaster of playdates, parties, shopping, spa parties, assignments (got an 'excellent' for my recent one!!)

The girls are having a great social life - from playgroups and playdates to being taken for a walk around the block by the 'big girls' they have something lined up every day!!

So I try and squeeze more hours into the day. However, if I get up early thinking I'll have at least an hour before the girls wake - they somehow hear me tiptoeing around and they wake up early!! If I try and stay up late, my husband (who doesn't sleep very well) tells me I can't come to bed late as I'll wake him!!

How come they can sleep through my husband leaving at 5.30am for the gym and opening the garage door under their bedrooms but I only have to lift the coffee pot and they wake?? Probably the same way I can sleep through my husband coming home late from a night out with the lads but I wake if the girls so much as breathe heavier than normal! I guess Moms and children are just in tune with each other.

Seems my only option is to stay up late then sleep in the guest room.....!


2 comments:

  1. That used to happen with my girl when she was little. I would tuck her in and sleep for a while petting her till she was in deep sleep. But as soon as I got up from bed, she would know and call me back. Even if I managed to get back to my own room, it would only be a matter of minutes before she came looking for me. Personally I feel it is a scent that the kids get accustom to and can sense when it is missing

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's nice to be wanted but just occassionally it would be nice not to be!

    ReplyDelete