Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Liberation from junk mail!

I feel great! We've been getting more and more junk mail over the last few months so now instead of just getting irritated and putting it straight in the re-cycling I've been phoning each customer service number to have our names removed from the mailing list. I feel so free!
Yesterday I got a catalogue from an electrical items company I've never even heard of never mind shopped at!
We get catalogues for clothing stores I've never been too, senior citizen benefits (hey - I'm not that old!), credit cards I'm 'automatically approved for' (even when I was on a visa and didn't have a SSN!), charities who somehow can afford to send us free gifts every few months and even sent us (plus millions of other people no doubt!) a dime! Please, especially if you're a charity - keep your money, your free gifts and your postage!
I did keep some of the toy catalogues out of the recycle bin so the girls could cut out the pictures and glue them on to make pretty pictures but apart from that - they just irritate me!
So I took the matter into my own hands and now hopefully can enjoy my trips to the mail box, safe in the knowledge that my important mail is not going to be caught inside the pages of some junk catalogue!

2 comments:

  1. Welcome - great to have you here! We love La Jolla (my husband wants to live there!)

    ReplyDelete