Friday, August 21, 2009

Crazy week

What a crazy week!
NY on the brain, relief my girls survived 3 nights without me, and my Mom in the hospital. Glad you're home and on the mend Mom - now sit down and take it easy!
My husband has now decided we definitely can't afford to live in Westchester NY and much as I loved Manhattan I didn't find a place in Westchester on our whirlwind house hunting tour that I could imagine us living in - massive property tax aside.
The houses and areas are so very different to here and we'd have no money left for the ballet lessons, horseback riding and piano lessons that I'm sure our future will hold!
This is the last day of the girls' summer vacation as they head back to preschool next week. I feel they've really grown up this summer - no more babies here (if we could only progress with the toilet training - final piece of babyhood remaining!).
Playing out in the street and going to the 'big girls' houses has made them so much more confident and independent - I'm not sure I was ready for that happening but they we have it!
Lovely day today, blue, cloudless sky, warm without being too hot, they've been out riding their bikes (my little one got a 2 wheeler with training wheels for her Birthday!) then splashing in their little swim suits in the paddling pool, eating Popsicles and (special treat) candy. Isn't this the stuff of childhood memories??
We have a huge neighborhood party tomorrow afternoon for a retiring firefighter who lives on our street then this party will blend into an evening birthday party for another neighbor. Summer's going out with a bang here! The mornings have a chill in the air and a few leaves are starting to change color on our trees. Fall is coming although in this part of the world it is all too short before the winter arrives. But for today, I'm going to relax and watch my carefree girls making memories... have a lovely w/e everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment