Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Is it me or them?

We've been offered an all expenses paid trip to New York to look at houses, see the area etc. but children under 7 yr aren't being allowed to go on any of the official tours.
A neighbor has offered to look after the girls but I'm hesitant as they've never stayed anywhere overnight without us and this would be for 4 whole days & 3 nights!
Any time I think about leaving them I feel guilty - what if they wake in the night crying? what if they're miserable?
My husband on the other hand thinks we should leave them for sure :
  • "they love playing with her children" (they really do...)
  • "she's had 5 children - if anyone can cope she can" (I guess so...)
  • "what will you do with them while I'm out on the tours?" (not sure but I guess I'd manage somehow...in a strange city...without a car...with 2 small children.....)

So why am I hesitating at her offer? Deep down I guess I think I know they'd be ok, so is it just I'd feel so guilty that I'd left them? It really is a lot to take on for her but I guess she wouldn't have offered if she didn't mean it.

Oh the tough decisions we have to make....if only my family lived nearer.....(oh wait! if we move to NY they would be a little bit nearer!) but that's not a reason to move - just like my delight when my husband told me the other day there are fireflies in NY! He saw my face and quickly said "but that's not a reason to move!"

I'm always on the lookout for omens when I have to make a decision. The thought of chasing fireflies sounds good to me....!

No comments:

Post a Comment