Thursday, July 30, 2009

Date night

Last night was (watch at home - thanks Netflix!) movie night.  But why are men and women so different in their  responses to movies?
I didn't want to watch Benjamin Button as the trailers creeped me out but my husband really wanted me to watch it with him, so I did.
I ended up crying (as usual!) not because of the actual character but because I always translate the situation in a movie into my own life. 
 His daughter eventually found all his postcards in which he says sorry for missing her birthdays, milestones and so on.  My husband couldn't believe I was crying at a movie I didn't even want to watch but really I was thinking "oh goodness, imagine I was to miss out on all those things with my girls".
On the other hand, I can't believe he can get so engrossed in some sci-fi movie where the actors are dressed in what is very obviously a pretend alien costume!!!

2 comments:

  1. That's waht the book says, "men are from Mars and Women from Venus." It is absolutely true. My husband likes all the action "Bourne Identity" -like shows. My daughter and I love the poor simple girl makes it good shows (example, The Devil wears Prada). All of use watched "10 Promises to my Dog" and us two girls were balling our eyes out and he received a good scolding for buying such a sad, sad tape.

    ReplyDelete