Monday, May 11, 2009

Mother's Day

What a truly lovely Mother's Day weekend I just had!
On Saturday we joined 3 other families with children the same age, who my children have known all their lives at a restaurant at a local airport. There was room for the children to play after eating and they could also go out on the balcony and watch the planes. I haven't had such a relaxing meal in years!
Then yesterday both girls got up with some other children in Church and sang a Mother's Day song they had learned -I was so proud of them! Right up till the last minute my little one said she wasn't going up but then when it came time she announce "I want to go" and she sang and everything!!
Then we went on a picnic with 3 other British families - this was lovely as it's nice to spend time with people who can relate to your background and know the same places, culture etc.
It was such a lovely w/e and while I'm not one for receiving gifts such as jewelry on Mother's Day (except for 2 homemade cards and "Happy Mother's Day" wishes from 2 little girls of course!) I did actually receive some wonderful gifts - watching my children singing with confidence, running and laughing with older children as well as their peers....these are all the gifts I could ever need.

No comments:

Post a Comment