Monday, September 28, 2009

hello!

Hi!

Sorry it's been so long since I posted! Enjoying these lovely Autumn/Fall days. The mornings are a little chilly but the days soon warm up here. The leaves are changing color and are - thankfully - still on the trees, so looking really pretty.
Not long till I'm spending hours raking the leaves while 2 little ones jump in the piles and throw them back all over the garden! Last year I'd just spent days raking the leaves when 2 of the neighborhood kids stopped by and offered to rake them (for a small fee of course!). Must remember to ask them to help this year as we have a lot of trees!
My girls are getting ever more helpful round the house as their independence grows. But my little one made me laugh the other day when I asked her to do something and she said"I don't want to do that, I want to do something important!"
I went along to their preschool last week to help with the reading session - yes! they are only 3 and 4yr but they are already reading!! It was so fun and reminded me of when I first arrived in America and volunteered at a local Head Start preschool. Preschool is such a lovely age - they are so willing to learn and to please - don't think I could teach middle or high school!!
I want them to have a good general knowledge base too. My husband regularly goes to a trivia quiz with friends and on Saturday night the wives went with them! We did 2 teams - husbands versus wives and sadly - they won -but only by one point. However, the questions are especially hard for us being British as we know nothing about American trivia -"which college basketball team has the most ...blah de blah" How should I know!!?? Luckily, the table next to us weren't doing the quiz and somehow knew lots of the answers!! Cheating? Not us! Well ok then but don't tell our husbands!!

No comments:

Post a Comment